Home Horror: Collector's Edition teaser
- Home Horror: Collector's Edition Teaser
Home is a unique horror adventure set in a beautifully-realized pixel world. It’s a murder mystery with a twist — you decide what ultimately happens You can buy it for $2 at homehorror.com and it was made pretty well solo by Benjamin Rivers.
I wanted to have the teaser make sense. I gave it a touch of narrative, while also keeping things ambiguous, leaving the details some of the main focal points of the product up in the air. Because you tell your own story in Home, I wanted the viewer to decide what it is the man in the short flick sees and feels. I didn't use any of the big Lowel lights I own, as I wanted to push the low-light capability of the FS100 as much as possible, and this short gave me a valid reason to do it. The mail room was shot at ISO 2500, and everything thereafter was shot at ISO 5000.
This was a one-man operation; I wrote it, I shot it, edited it, colour graded it, and did all the post-production sound fx recording. I also am the guy in the video - never hire me as an actor.
Music: 'October Air' by nhomas ccmixter.org/files/nhomas/17056
- Sony FS100
- Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 - decided against 50 1.8 and 85 1.8 as I needed a touch more DOF while rack-focussing myself, and the Tamron 17-50mm can focus at absurdly close distances (keyboard scene)
- Zoom H1 (some recorded direct with a stereo XLR splitter to the cam, other sfx was foley recorded)
- Edited in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
- Graded and grained with Magic Bullet Looks.
Visit my photo site at www.RyanCouldrey.com and my vimeo profile at vimeo.com/ryancouldrey
- SCREEN CAPTURES
HOME can be purchased for a measly $2 on www.homehorror.com and even if you don't like it, you'll be playing a type of game you've never played before.
Cinematography, Digital Photography, Film